When Sankar Thiagasamudram, the CEO of Audeze described this product as one of the most ambitious products he’s ever developed to me, I was very much intrigued! Now looking into Audeze’s newest release: the Mobius, I can certainly see why he described them as such. This is not just a pair of Audeze’s world class headphones with a microphone attached. Rather, the designers at Audeze built this gaming headset from the ground up and included revolutionary simulated 7.1 3D sound with truly unique head tracking functionality. Using their world renowned knowledge of planar magnetic drivers, the Mobius finally brings true audiophile sound quality to gamers! But make no mistake about it, these headphones are not just a pair of gaming headsets. They are also a audiophile-level pair of headphones that you can also watch your favourite movies in 3D sound or play your favourite music wirelessly through any Bluetooth device.
With these new headphones, you also get a truly immersive 3D environment that will heighten your gaming instincts to a whole new level. Mobius also includes a diverse sampling of EQ presets that will make your favourite soundtracks jump or explosions in your favourite video games come alive! With Mobius, you will be put into a unique 3 dimensional experience where you can hear your competitors foot steps sneak up behind you and give you an edge with your go to shooters!
Included with the headphones:
- Mobius Headphone
- Detachable Microphone
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- Analog 3.5 mm cable
You can expect them to start shipping in June of 2018.
In terms of connections, you can simply plug them in via USB into your PC/Mac, or use the included 3.5mm audio cable to connect them into your Playstation 4 or Xbox One controllers. If that wasn’t enough, you can also use them wirelessly via Bluetooth!
The optional “Creator Edition” package also includes the latest 3D plugins from Waves; including the B360 Ambisonics Encoder and the NX Virtual Mix Room. Both are a must for anyone working in Virtual and Augmented Realities!
The Creator Edition Also Includes:• Plugin based processing
• Waves Nx Virtual Mix Room plugin
• Waves Ambisonics B360 plugin
• Audeze Cipher DSP
• Unity Plugin support for VR audio from Waves
• Realtime monitoring of Ambisonics B-Format
• Pro Tools (HD), Logic Pro, Nuendo, Cubase, REAPER
• Mono / Stereo / 5.0/ 5.1 / 7.1 to Quad
• AmbiX to FuMa
• FuMa to AmbiX Never to let the grass grow under their feet, the folks at Audeze seem to have a real winner on their hands and we at Headphone.Guru will be performing a full review for them as well, and boy are we looking forward to it! You can find full details on this exciting new product release here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mobius-immersive-cinematic-3d-audio-headphone-headphones I’ve already reserved my pair and can’t wait for them to arrive!