VPI Industries is proud to debut a brand-new State-of the-Art Vanquish Magnetic Direct Drive Turntable at Capital Audiofest to conclude the 40th Anniversary Celebration Year.
The State-of the-Art Vanquish Table is a refined version of a Bespoke/limited model made by VPI Founder Harry Weisfeld, “The Vanquish”. The new one uses advancements in Direct Drive Technology based off of VPI’s HW-40 Direct Drive motor on a next level design. Motion control circuitry/software, material study, and vibration isolation technology are based off refinements by VPI Engineer Mike Bettinger. In addition, the Vanquish is not a normal Direct Drive turntable, it is a Magnetic Direct Drive Turntable.
The Vanquish comes in VPI’s known Reference tripod shape giving the user the ability to mount up to 3 tonearms of any length, type, or manufacturer’s brand. VPI believes tonearms are a very personal/subjective choice for a listener.
The Vanquish is complete with VPI’s latest in high resolution 3D printing being mounted with a VPI Fatboy tonearm (choice of Uni or Gimbal bearing). However, the Vanquish, like the HW-40 includes “hidden” wiring as opposed to usual LEMO plug termination with a wire loop. For the Vanquish Fatboy Arm the Tonearm internal Nordost wire connects directly into the Phono stage creating less connections between the cartridge and phono stage. The Vanquish Fatboy is VPI’s first 14” 3D printed tonearm that provides both rigidity and resonance cancelling.
Speaking of resonance cancelling, the new Vanquish layers armboard has been designed for additional isolation for the tonearm.
The Vanquish power supply and motor controls have been relocated to an outside both for additional shielding and noise reduction from an already dead quite unit.
The Vanquish comes complete with the Vanquish Phono Stage which is the next evolution of our already known VPI Voyager Phono, another design by Mike Bettinger’s handy work! The Phono Stage can take multiple inputs and while the protype model only has two inputs, the final amount of inputs on the production model is still to be determined. The build and finish takes our existing phono stage technology to a whole other level and uses the same isolation feet found on our HW-40.
All components are complete with the VPI Vanquish Stand that shares the sleek design and materials from the award winning VPI Avenger Series Turntable. The stand has machined openings in the back to easily run and hide any cables to and from the Vanquish and associated components. In addition, the rack provides enough space to conveniently add a line stage.
Bullet point features:
• The chassis is a tripod shape and can mount up to 3 tonearms and is a aluminum, acrylic, aluminum sandwich resonance cancelling design. It is very heavy!
• Every part mounted with machined screws into blind tapped holes for a clean and sleek look/design.
• Removable machined aluminum arm-board.
• Beautiful limited-edition ruby anodized components.
• Start, 33, 45 buttons.
• Creating not only a solid improvement in musical performance but a visual statement stunning record playing system
• Removable platter for easier shipping (still heavy!)
• Newest version of 14″ gimbal 3D printed Fat-Boy arm with triangular to circular resonance canceling design. The robust gimbal bearing used ABEC 9 bearings made in Japan for ultra-low friction.
• Tonearm has an adjustable counterweight on a threaded shaft or fast perfectly accurate VTF setting.
• Fat-Boy VTA design with a finer adjustment more robust machined aluminum and steel knob.
• Robust and VPI Vanquish stand that can fit multiple components.
Price to be finalized but it is looking in the range of 100 – 120K for the complete system. Ironically, still considered “cheap” in the world of “super tables”. The Vanquish has been made as our “no hold bars” statement piece to challenge the edge of High-End.
Want to join discussion?
Feel free to contribute!